User Terms for CamScanner
Version and commencement date of these Terms
User Terms for CamScanner takes effect on October 22, 2014, replacing the former vision.
Welcome to CamScanner!
Please carefully read User Terms for CamScanner. By using CamScanner, you signify your consent to these Terms.
CamScanner is provided by INTSIG.
"INTSIG" or "We" refers to INTSIG Information Co., Ltd with its registered office in Shanghai PRC. The Services we provide you with are the joint efforts of us and our branches, affiliates and partners across the globe.
"You" refers to the user of CamScanner. You should be an individual rather than an entity.
"CS Account" refers to the account you registered through our products or website, and you may only use the services we provide after you have signed in your CS Account.
"CamScanner" refers to the software we provide to scan, recognize, administrate, store, convert and share documents, etc. and related internet value-added services (hereinafter referred to as "the Services"). We provide the foregoing services through CamScanner software (hereinafter referred to as "the Software"), the website of CamScanner (https://www.camscanner.com) or application programming interface ("API") to be called by third party products and other means.
We kindly ask you to pay attantion that, we only provide software and services as tools. You shall pay respect to intellectual property rights, personal information, privacy rights and other lawful civil rights of others in using CamScanner to obtain and process related data, and ensure that you copy, amend, upload or release such data according to law. Your reproduction, uploading and release of the data to the public without authorization may infringe upon the civil rights of others and you may be held liable for it.
II. Software licensing and scope of services
We grant you an individual, world-wide, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use CamScanner. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you may install, use, display, and run the Software and use the Services for non-commercial purpose on corresponding smart mobile terminal devices, including but not limited to computer system such as tablet personal computer, smart phone, scanner and personal computer (hereinafter referred to as "terminal devices").
III. Paid services
Some services of CamScanner are provied for a fee and you may only obtain such services after you have paid related fees in time and in full. About paid services, we will ask your consent before charges.
INTSIG may amend and change the rate and methods of the fees if necessary. Some free services may be converted to paid services and you will not be able to continue to use such services after the fee is collected for the services if related payment is not made in time and in full. The foregoing change will be notified or announced via the website of CamScanner or you will be prompted within certain time period before you use corresponding services. The price of the products provided through the website may be changed at any time. In case of price cut or promotion activities, INTSIG will not provide price protection or refund.
As software products include licensing and activation information (including but not limited to activation code and password) and are special commodities, "returning articles without reason" will not be applicable after the transaction is confirmed and there will be no repleacement in case of absence of any quality defect. If you need any information or help, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org。
IV. User registration and safety of accounts
In order to use CamScanner better, we suggest you registering a CS Account, and signing in your CS Account when using our products and services.
You are required to keep the password of your CS Account properly and be responsible for all the activities carried out under the CS Account. You are kindly reminded to take specific measures to protect the safety of your CS Account, including but not limited to proper keeping of account password, installation of anti-virus software and antispyware, changing password regularly and signing out after use, etc. If your CS Account and password are embezzled, you shall be liable for all the liabiliites and consequences incurred during the period of embezzlement, unless you may prove such embezzlement is due to our intentional misconduct of gross negligence.
If you find that any person is using your CS Account without authorization, please contact and notify us immediately at email@example.com。
V. Privacy and personal information
We specially remind you that the information you upload may be related to the personal information, privacy or other undisclosed information of others. We will not disclose such information you unpload without your authorization.
When you use the social networking services of CamScanner, you are required to adjust your privacy setting based on your own requirements in order to avoid associated risks.
You understand and promise that you will pay full respect to the privacy of other users and any person whose information is included in the business card you upload which you know, receive or have access to, You shall not gather, reproduce, save, spread, disseminate or abuse the privacy information of others without authorization. If you use others’ personal information miliciously or otherwise infringe upon other person’s privacy (including but not limited to causing harrassment to others), we will restrict or terminate your authority for the CS Account at any time until removal of your account and reserve the right to unilaterally rescind the Services and pursue your legal liabilities.
VI. Providing services "as is"
CamScanner is provided on an "as is" basis based on the current technologies and conditions. We will use our best efforts to provide you with satisfactory services and ensure the consistency and safety of the services. Nevertheless we are not able to predict legal, technical or other risks, including but not limited to service interruption, data loss and other loss and risk as result of force majeure, virus, trojan, hacker attack, system instability, defect in third party services, and governmental act etc.. You explicitly understand and agree you will solely undertake any risks arising from the use of CamScanner.
VII. Pushed information
When using our products and services, you may receive pushed information. The pushed information includes the update information of our products and services, as well as the information referring to the products and services of the third party, which may be useful for you.
We specially remind you that if you receive the pushed information which refers to the third party rather than us, you should estimate the truth of such information and be responsible for your estimation. Unless it is provided by the law, we are not liable for any of your damage occurred by the information.
VIII. Services provided by the third party
In CamScanner, we allow you to call related services provided by a third party company such as social network site website, email services, and cloud storage service, etc.. We only call the third party’s services in CamScanner based on the API provided by related company. The actual services will be provided by related third party. With regard to the terms and conditions for use of the services, please refer to the related service rules issued by such third party. You and/or related responsible party shall be liable for the problems or losses incurred arising from your use of any third party’s services, and we will not undertake any direct or indirect legal liabilities.
IX. Contents produced by users
The Contents Provider shall be responsible for any contents sent, uploaded, posted or released via CamScanner (including but not limited to email, message, material, literary works, text, music, sound recording, picture, graph, video, data, label, user’s registration information or other information, etc., hereinafter referred to as "Contents"), whether transmitted in public or in private, you shall ensure that you have necessary authorization to upload such Contents, and will not duplicate, upload or publicize such infriged or unauthorized contents in CamScanner. For the contents that users upload and publicize, we will not make any amendment, but only adjust the format of the files and otherwise automaticlly by the beforehand technology setting to conform to the technology requirement of internet connection, devices, services or media if necessary.
You are entitled to the copyright and other rights as to the lawful contents you posted in the Services. In order to provide services to you, you grant INTSIG and any third party authorized by INTSIG an individual, world-wide and royalty-free license to carry out the engineering services, storage, duplication and backup of the said contents for the purpose of providing services only, so that we operate our relevant services. You understand and agree that INTSIG has the right to refuse to upload, store or share any illegal contents according to its estimation.
We remind you especially, if you share the contents you upload by CamScanner, it will signify that you have acknowledged the possibility that such contents are browsed, duplicated and disseminated by others, as well as the resulted risk that the relevant contents may be showed by more people at more places. You must warrant that you have already had the necessary authorization to share the contents. You also agree to indemnify against all losses (including but not limited to compensation, attorney fees) incurred by INTSIG as a result of your activities. We reserve the right to review, screen, and delete the Contents or terminate the services pursuant to law.
As to the publicized contents, unless you notify us in writing of your intent to the contrary, you agree to grant INTSIG the world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and permanent license to use the same. We may decide at our own discretion to use (including but not limited to reproducing, adapting, amending, creating derivative works, and translating) and distribute these Contents. At the same time you authorize INTSIG to file any action in its own name against any third party for the infringement upon the foregoing Contents and any of its derivative works and to receive all the compensations. You shall warrant that you have necessary authorization to grant such license to INTSIG.
Notwithstanding the foregoing provision of reservation of rights, we will not necessarily use or distribute the Contents. Furthermore, such reservation of rights is only applicable to the Contents you have publicized rather than any personal information or privacy which has not yet been publicized.
X. Information storage and synchronization
1. You understand and agree when you are using the Software, related information will be stored on your terminal devices and occupy the memory space of the terminal devices. We hereby kindly ask you to decide whether to set up password for the Software to protect the safety of your information according to your actual requirements.
2. If you set up CamScanner in your terminal device and sign in your CS Account, the contents information already stored in your terminal device will be automatically added to your CS Account and will be stored in our servers. Your CS Account will be bound with such terminal device in default, but you may unbind in the setting by sign-out.
3. Our system will store the contents information based on your operation. Please read the user menu carefully to understand the default setting of the system and adjust the same based on your own preferences to properly use CamScanner. We remind you to backup your data by other means, and we will not be responsible for the information you fail to store or deleted by you at your sole discretion.
XI. Code of conduct for users
1. You shall abide by local laws and regulation during your use of CamScanner, and you shall not produce, duplicate, publicize or release sensitive information, illegal information or any information or material which a normal person considers as immoral, including but not limited to the following information:
- (1). Contravening the basic principles determined by the Constitution;
- (2). Endangering national safety, divulging state secret, overturning state power and sabotaging national unity;
- (3). Damaging national reputation and interests;
- (4). Instigating ethnic hatred, discrimination and sabotaging ethnic unity;
- (5). Sabotaging national religious policies and advocating cults and feudalistic superstition;
- (6). Spreading rumors to disturb social order and sabotage social stability;
- (7). Spreading obscenity, eroticism, gambling, violence, murder, terrorism or subornation;
- (8). Insulting or slandering other person or infringement upon other person’s legal rights, or
- (9). Containing any other contents which are prohibited by laws and administrative regulations.
2. You shall not use CamScanner for any illegal purpose or use the same to conduct any illegal activities, including but not limited to:
- (1). Using CamScanner to carry out any act which may adversely affect the normal operation of internet;
- (2). Embezzling, gaining illegal access to or abusing other user’s CS Account, other Corporate Account or information contained in such Account;
- (3). Falsifying facts miliciously, or concealing truth to mislead and deceive others;
- (4). Publishing, transmitting, spreading advertising information and junk information, initiating, continuing or joining any speculation or illegal plan in any manner, or utilizing network and any other communication means to harass other person;
- (5). Releasing, spreading, disseminating, storing the Contents which infringe upon the intellectual property and trade secrets of others; or spreading or distributing or otherwise diffusing any document containing any picture, photo, software or other data which is protected by intellectual property law, unless you have corresponding rights, authorization or have obtained necessary approval; or
- (6). Any other act prohibited by laws and regulations.
3. You shall not engage in any activity jeopardizing the legitimate interests of INTSIG. Unless expressly provided by law or INTSIG has consented in writing, you shall not conduct any act not expressly authorized under these Terms during the use of CamScanner, including but not limited to:
- (1). Deleting all the information regarding the copyright of CamScanner;
- (2). Conduct any reverse engineering, disassembling or decompilation against the Software or otherwise attempting to find the source code of the Software;
- (3). Serching, duplicating, amending, altering or mounting the information of CamScanner (including but not limited to the any information in the Software and any terminal device during the use of CamScanner as well as the information exchanged between client and server), or creating any derivative works or products with the same in any form including but not limited to using plug-in, add-on or third party tool/service to connect with, disturb or affect the Software and related system;
- (4). Restricting, prohibiting or otherwise interfering in or affecting any other person’s use or enjoyment the services of CamScanner (except for such safe and protection tools as parental control), including but not limited to releasing or transmitting any information or software in the following nature: the information or software including worm, virus or any other harmful function, or the traffic of which so generated may impede the using, sending or searching of information by others;
- (5). Having access to or attempting to have access to CamScanner by any automatic means, or violating the requirements of any robots.txt or similar documents in the related program of the software or services of CamScanner;
- (6). Using related information and Contents of CamScanner for commercial use, lease, borrowing, reproduction of data, amendment, linking, reprinting, assembly, publication, and establishment of mirror image station;
- (7). Carrying out any operation for the purpose of manipulation or distortion, making any rating or comment which may damage CamScanner, or conducting any act that may affect the completeness or accuracy of the services of CamScanner; or
- (8). Any other act without the express authorization of INTSIG.
4. If you conduct any of the foregoing acts, you shall independently undertake related liabilities and we are not liable howsoever. If any damage is thus caused, you shall make compensation according to law, and we reserve the right to recover loss and claim for compensation according to law.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless INTSIG from and against any loss incurred by INTSIG arising from your violation of these Terms, including but not limited to any claim, demand or loss made by any third party arising from or resulting from your act, and necessary expenses for us to deal with related matters such as attorney's fee.
XII. Intellectual Property
You understand and agree that INTSIG has all the lawful rights to CamScanner, including the intellectual property in respect of software and services.
The information contained in CamScanner includes but is not limited to: words, software, audio, pictures, video, graphs, all Contents contained in advertisement and the commercial information we provided to you. The information and Contents contained in CamScanner will be protected by copyright law, patent law, trademark law and other relevant laws and regulations. You may use these Contents only after obtained our authorization, and you shall not reproduce, alter, compile these Contents, or create any derivative works in connection with such Contents.
Unless we and you otherwise agreed in writing, these Terms has not authorized you to use the name of any software, trademark, service mark, logo, domain name and other labels which have prominent features of the brand in respect of INTSIG.
XIII. Limitation of Liability
1. Please directly visit our webiste at https://www.intsig.com, https://www.camscanner.com to download the installation procedures of the Software or know any other safe downloading channels we have authorized. You are required to create CS Account and use the Services through the official channels we provide including the use of the Software or visiting the website of CamScanner https://www.camscanner.com . Otherwise, we are unable to guarantee the safety of your software, services and account. In addition, we will not be liable for any loss incurred by you or any third party due to your use of unauthorized software, service or account.
2. You are required to use CamScanner in a proper way. For the detailed functions and operations, see User's Manual and help document. You may also contact us directly to obtain necessary help: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be liable for any loss due to your improper setting or improper operation.
3. You fully understand that CamScanner will involve internet services and may encounter various risk factors such as force majeure which may cause the relevant sercies be suspended. We will use our best efforts to conduct timely repair, provided that you shall be solely responsible for all losses incurred thereby, and we are not liable. Such risks include but is not limited to the service interruption and disruption as a result of the following reason:
- (1). Damage due to computer virus, trojan or other malicious program, and hacker attack;
- (2). A fault takes place in the software, system, hardware or communication lines of the terminal devices of the users or INTSIG;
- (3). Accident, natural disaster or governmental act;
- (4). Users’ use of any service which is not provided or authorized by INTSIG; or
- (5). Any other force majeure or factor beyond INTSIG’s control.
4. We will not provide any guaranty of any kind for any unpredictable or uncontrollable technical defect in the product, service stability and any loss or damage thereby caused; unless otherwise provided by laws and regulations.
5. You fully understand that when using the services, you may meet the risk from internet information or behaviours of other users. We are not liable to the facticity, usability and legality of any of such relevant information, as well as your infringement caused by the same. The risks of the information include but not limited to:
- (1). The information including threatening, defaming, disgusting or illegal contents from others anonymously or personately;
- (2). Any psychological, physiological or economical damage resulted or possibly resulted by the others’ misadvice, cheat or otherwise when using CamScanner;
- (3). Other risks caused by internet information or other users’ behaviours.
XIV. Use by juveniles
CamScanner does not directly target any juvenile users. If you are a juvenile user and decide to use CamScanner any way, please first have the consent of your guardian and/or other adult with guardianship duties and use the Software under the guidance and supervision of your guardian or any other adult with guardianship duties. In addition, your guardian and/or other adult with guardianship duties shall be responsible for helping you to correctly understand the contents of these Terms and other related legal documents in order to guide you to use CamScanner in a correct way.
XV. Notification of infringed contents and counter notification procedures
1. Infringement notification:
Except for the provisions of these Terms, if any individual or group finds that any other user has infringed upon its lawful rights or interests by transmitting information through the use of our services, such individual or group (hereinafter referred to as "Complainant") will notify us in writing by giving us an official infringement notification for the purpose of protecting intellectual property rights. The infringement notification will include the following contents:
- (1). Detailed contact information of the Complainant, including its name, a copy of its identity card or passport (in case of an individual), a copy of its registration certificate (in case of a group), address, telephone number, fax and email address;
- (2). Contents of suspected infringement as shown in this service to facilitate us to notify the user who manages the contents;
- (3). Materials as preliminary proof of infringement act;
- a) Ownership certificate to certify Complainant’s trademark rights, copyrights and other exercisable rights to the Contents pursuant to law in respect of the Contents of suspected infringement;
- b) Specifying the contents of the suspected infringement has infringed upon the Complainant’s legitimate interests set forth in Section a) above;
- c) The infringement notification shall also include the following statement: "(i) I own the rights or I am authorized to exercise the rights; (ii) I state that the information contained in the infringement notification is adequate, true and accurate, and I am the owner of the statutory rights specified in Section a) of this infringement notification or I am authorized to exercise such rights. My lawful rights and interests are infringed upon by the Contents contained in the web pages which is suspected of infringement; and (iii) I hereby confirm that if anything contained in this infringement notification is untrue, I would liable for such misrepresentation".
2. Counter notification:
If we remove your Contents or interlinkage based on the infringement notification, you may submit to us an official written counter notification. To enable us to deal with your counter notification as soon as possible, your counter notification shall be made in the following format (including numbering of the items):
- (1). Detailed contact information, including its name, a copy of its identity card or passport (in case of an individual), a copy of its registration certificate (in case of a group), address, telephone number, fax and email address;
- (2). The information, contents or web pages removed by us;
- (3). Materials as preliminary proof of non-infringement;
- a) The materials which can prove the legality of the Contents removed, including but not limited to the materials which can prove your rights to the Contents removed or that you have been authorized to exercise the rights to the Contents removed;
- b) The counter notification shall also include the following statement: "(i) I own the rights or I am authorized to exercise the rights; (ii) I have the right or am authorized to provide or release the information or Contents which are removed; I state that the information contained in the counter notification is adequate, true and accurate, and I am the owner of the statutory rights specified in Section a) of the counter notification or I am authorized to exercise such rights; and (iii) I hereby confirm that if anything contained in this counter notification is untrue, I would bel liable for such misrepresentation".
- (4). Please sign on the counter notification. In case you are an institution or organization established pursuant to law, please affix your common seal thereto.
3. Please send the foregoing materials and your contact information to the following address and entitle the envelop as follows: "counter notification for infringement materials".
Division B, Bldg. 3, Tower 7, No. 335, Guoding Rd., Yangpu District, Shanghai, PRC, Postal code: 200433
4. We will deal with your effective counter notification immediately upon the receipt of the same. You agree that we have the right to reproduce the notification and provide it to a third party to investigate related facts. We will also contact you via email or any other means with regard to such matters.
XVI. Formation and effectiveness of these Terms
By using and registration with CamScanner, you signify your consent to and acceptance of these Terms, i.e., these Terms will be binding upon you. If you do not consent to these Terms, please stop using CamScanner immediately.
XVII. Amendment to these Terms
We have the right to amend the provisions of these Terms, if necessary. Generally we will make an announcement thirty (30) days in advance through our website, or via email or by any other means. If you do not accept the amendment, please stop using CamScanner immediately. Your continual use will signify your acceptance of the Contents of the amended Agreement.
XVIII. Amendment to and interruption, suspension and termination of CamScanner
1. You may terminate the use of CamScanner at any time.
2. The Software will provide update from time to time and you may decide at your own discretion whether to accept the updates. If you choose not to update, we will not guarantee to provide you with the latest services, and you shall be solely responsible for any loss thereby incurred.
3. We reserve the rights to amend, interrupt, suspend or terminate to provide the service of CamScanner according to the actual situation at any time, which includes but not limited to the size of the storage space of a single user, the type and amount of the update and other data and the ability of access to CamScanner continuously, etc.. We will make reasonable effort to announce you. Generally, we will provide you high quality services, and the situation of such term will only appear under special condition when necessary.
4. In case of any of the following, we have the right to suspend or terminate the services provided to you without giving any notification:
- (1). The personal information you provided is inaccurate, untrue, illegal or invalid;
- (2). You violate the provisions of these Terms;
- (3). You fail to pay INTSIG in full amount;
- (4). As required by law or competent authorities; or
- (5). Other necessary circumstances.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal or unenforceable by any court or arbitration agency, the other provisions will still be valid and binding.
XX. Governing law and jurisdiction
1. If you are a user from Mainland China, the formation, effectiveness, performance of these Terms and the construction and dispute resolution of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the People's Republic of China (regardless of rules of conflict of laws); in case of any dispute or controversy between you and INTSIG, such dispute shall first be settled based on friendly consultation. Should such consultation fail, you agree that such dispute or controversy will be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the place of the registered office of INTSIG, i.e., the People's Court of Yangpu District of Shanghai Municipality.
2. If you are a user from any place other than Mainland China, the formation, effectiveness, performance of these Terms and the construction and dispute resolution of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (regardless of rules of conflict of laws); in case of any dispute or controversy between you and INTSIG, such dispute shall first be settled based on friendly consultation. Should such consultation fail, you agree to refert such dispute or controversy to the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center (HKIAC) for arbitration in accordance with its arbitration rules. The language for the arbitration shall be Chinese or English.
3. All the headings used in these Terms are inserted only for the sake of prominence and convenience for reading. They do not have any actual meaning and will not be taken as the basis for the construction of these Terms.
With regard to amendment to any service agreement, change to services or any other important matters, we will make an announcement through our website or notify you via email or by any other means. After thirty (30) days of the announcement or upon the sending of the email to your registered email, such notification will be deemed to have been served.
We welcome your feedback in respect of CamScanner. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any feedback sent from you will be deemed to be non-confidential contents. You agree that we may, at our own discretion, decide whether to publicize or publish such contents. And you agree to authorize us to use the same at no cost and to amend, adapt, adjust design or change related technical plans based on actual situation or make any amendment based on our requirements.
If you have any opinion or suggestion with regard to our services or this User Agreement, you may contact us via our customer service department at email@example.com, and we will use our best efforts to provide your with timely and necessary help.